Causes, varieties, symptoms of acute gastritis and treatment principles
Acute inflammation of the gastric mucosa is acute gastritis. The disease occurs as a result of short-term effects on the stomach strong stimuli. This gastritis has pronounced symptoms and occurs suddenly. The disease is accompanied by the appearance of erosions of the gastric mucosa lesions and is often complicated by bleeding.
Should be distinguished from acute gastritis exacerbation of chronic gastritis.
Why is there a pathology
The causes of acute gastritis the following:
- The intake of alcohol in large doses.
- The accidental or deliberate use of strong acids or alkalis.
- Uncontrolled use of certain drugs. Particularly high risk when taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and acetylsalicylic acid.
- A complication of certain diseases. Pathology of the stomach can develop in the setting of stroke, myocardial infarction, and renal failure.
- The symptoms of this disease occur as a complication of certain infectious diseases.
- The impact of staphylococcal infections.
- Radiation injury of the stomach.
- Massive infection of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori.
As the disease manifests itself
Acute gastritis has the following most characteristic symptoms are:
- signs of heaviness and of fullness;
- severe nausea;
- growing signs of weakness;
- noticeable paleness of the skin;
- the presence of gray-white coating on the tongue;
- signs of disorders of the salivary glands, which are manifested in the strengthening or, on the contrary, the absence of salivation;
- soreness in the stomach by palpation (feeling).
There are several varieties of this disease.
Fibrinous gastritis in acute form for today practically does not occur. It occurs on the background of the disease scarlet fever, sepsis (blood poisoning) as a result of poisoning by corrosive sublimate (mercury dichloride).
As a result of this disease on the mucous membrane of the stomach are formed of a film of the protein fibrin. Symptoms of this form of the disease are:
- nausea and vomiting;
- unpleasant sensations in the mouth;
- increase salivation;
- very severe headache.
Later painful symptoms are worse and the vomit appears bile, and sometimes blood.
As acute gastritis is possible to determine the complete medical history of the patient, clinical data of all diseases. A distinctive feature of the gastritis is color film located on the mucosastomach. The treatment of this form of the disease is reduced to anti-infective therapy.
It is also called a dietary or alimentary gastritis. Acute gastritis this type occurs as a result of consuming excessive amounts of fried, smoked, salty foods. Signs of this disease arise as a result of incorrect use of medications that may irritate the gastric mucosa.
Usually the first symptoms are catarrh of the stomach arise a few hours after the action of the irritant factor. Very rarely they may occur in a few days. Manifestation of the following:
- severe pain near the navel in the upper abdomen, cutting and stabbing in nature;
- heaviness in the upper abdomen;
- severe nausea;
- unpleasant taste sensations in the mouth;
- the increase in body temperature;
- heavy sweating;
- the presence of grayish patches on the tongue.
If at this stage the acute gastritis is not treated, it may soon become chronic. In this patient show signs of gastrointestinal disorders: disorders of stool, meteorism. Patients refuse to eat, and your eating are motivated a very strong pain in the stomach.
Acute corrosive gastritis type develops as a result of ingestion of irritating substances. Among these substances there are:
- mineral and organic acids;
- strong alkalis (e.g. caustic soda or ammonia);
- salicylic acid.
Symptoms catarrhal inflammation of the stomach vary depending on the type trapped in the stomach of the substance and its quantity. Large quantities of the venom cause a spasm of the pylorus, and so it stagnates in the stomach. If the stomach did a small amount of sensitizing substance, it affects the lining of the stomach in the course of the lesser curvature.
Pathological changes of the stomach when you receive him irritating poisons range from edema to severe necrosis (necrosis) of the stomach lining. In further developing deep necrotic changes of the mucosa, leading to deformation of the stomach.
Characteristic symptoms of corrosive gastritis:
- copious vomiting with admixture of a large amount of blood;
- redchajshie abdominal pain;
- excessive thirst;
- the inability to swallow liquid;
- very strong salivation;
- the decrease of daily urine separation.
This gastritis of the stomach has pronounced symptoms. It develops as a resultinjuries to the abdomen, infection of the ulcer and the decay of a cancerous tumor of the stomach. Inflammation of the stomach lining combined with release of large amounts of purulent content.
Clinical signs of acute phlegmonous gastritis are:
- temperature rise;
- severe weakness and reluctance to move.
On palpation of the abdomen pain more pronounced. The blood test detects the increase of the erythrocyte sedimentation rate, increased white blood cell count.
Possible complications and their danger
Untreated acute gastritis of the stomach threatens many complications, often life-threatening. So, one of the serious complications of the disease is gastric bleeding. Gastritis may degenerate into ulcers of the stomach or duodenum 12.
Perhaps the most serious complication of the disease is its degeneration into a malignant tumor of the stomach. To prevent the development of such complications must, without delay, to treat the disease. In some cases, gastritis can be treated effectively at home.
Clinical nutrition in diseases
In the treatment of acute gastritis important is diet. The first day the patient do not have, as the inflamed mucous membrane of the stomach needs to rest. Diet is to drink plenty of liquids. The patient can be given sweetened tea, broth hips.
In the first five days after the onset of acute gastritis diet still very strict. Eat only cooked dishes, or steamed. Diet should also be salt-free and does not contain spices.
Food must expand, starting with viscous soups. You can add a little oil. Diet can expand at the expense of meat and fish dishes. Patient acute gastritis can eat them cooked or pureed in the blender.
The patient can eat a light soufflé, milk, soft-boiled eggs. But diet may not expand at the expense of dairy products. The patient is forbidden to eat the following products:
- raw vegetables, fruits;
- carbonated water;
- meals with spices;
- smoked food, salted food, and marinades.
Also strict diet forbids any alcohol. You need to remember that to expand medical foods can gradually.
Traditional treatment of the disease
Treatment of acute gastritis is only possible in a comprehensive manner. For protection of mucous membrane is used De-Nol. They can effectively treat the disease. Shown drugs of glucose and ascorbic acid. The vitamins indicated for the prevention of vitamin deficiency, when the patient is assigned a diet. Vitamin supplements can be given at home.
Bacterial gastritis should be treated in hospital.Among the antibiotics prescribed drugs such as Chloramphenicol, Tetracycline, Ampicillin. To relieve pain prescribe painkillers.
Popular treatment of gastritis
The disease can be treated at home. The most important tool used in such cases is, of course, health food. Also you can treat gastritis with the help of herbs.
At home you can prepare such decoctions:
- Blueberry. Pour 10 g of berries Cup of boiling water. Take 2 tablespoons three times a day.
- It is recommended to prepare at home black currant juice and drink it half a Cup thrice a day.
- To steam in a furnace hawthorn is pain in the abdomen.
- Make the aloe juice with honey on a tablespoon before eating.
- Chew 10-12 fresh leaves of plantain.
Acute gastritis – a severe stomach illness. Only timely treatment to the doctor and effective treatment will return the stomach to normal. The best prevention is diet and healthy lifestyle.