Pyloric Stenosis in a child
Pyloric stenosis or stenosis of the pylorus of the stomach pathology is congenital or acquired in nature that affects the output part of the stomach. The disease develops due to congenital anomalies, muscle damage, scarring disorders, chemical burns. As a rule, in children pyloric stenosis occurs as a congenital pathological process which begins to show itself already in the first weeks of life. Pathology is characterized by very complex flow. Patients need timely surgery for this disease, otherwise, death can occur.
In adults, the disease usually occurs in the absence of treatment of this disease, as pilorospazme, can also develop on the background of scarring with large ulcers or burns in the area of the pylorus.
The stage of the disease
- compensated. Occasionally there is vomiting, the General condition of the patient is normal;
- subcompencirovanna. Patients get a stable feeling of fullness in the stomach, there is vomiting, the symptoms rapidly increase;
- decompensated. Stomach greatly distended, the disease develops rapidly.
Pyloric stenosis: etiology
The causes of the disease in adults are exactly the same as when pilorospazme, but appear at a constant pathological process in the body when the gatekeeper can no longer fully operate and there is a solid scarring.
The main causes of disease:
- stomach ulcer, especially if the ulcers located in the area of the pylorus;
- gastritis in chronic form with high acidity of gastric secretions;
- the inflammatory process in the output part of the stomach;
- various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, such as appendicitis, so that there is a strong spasm;
- diseases of the biliary tract.
Pyloric stenosis in children: causes of pathology
To date, the causes of congenital pyloric stenosis in children is not fully understood. The main factors of the disease, contributing to its appearance, are:
- dysfunctional pregnancy, accompanied by severe toxicity at an early stage.
- a viral infection at the very early stages of pregnancy;
- disorders of the endocrine system in the body of the mother;
- taking certain drugs.
When pyloric stenosis is due to impaired digestion, separate the muscular part of the pyloric part of the stomach is replaced by scar tissue.
Stenosis of the pylorus: clinical picture
In adults pyloric stenosis develops rapidly. In this disease, there are symptoms:
- the difficulties with the passage of stomach contentsaccompanied by regular heaviness and discomfort in the stomach, after a meal there is nausea;
- after eating pain occur, accompanied by severe bursting;
- vomiting occurs relieved condition, especially after heavy intake of food;
- the patient plagued by regular burping;
- there has been a steady loss of body weight, and impaired General health;
- there are symptoms of insufficiency of vitamins and minerals;
- the typical symptoms of dehydration.
Children experience the following symptoms:
- severe vomiting large jet without bile;
- milk in the vomit more than when feeding;
- vomiting appears after 15 minutes after feeding, between meals and vomiting increase;
- vomit with sour smell;
- rapidly increasing weight loss.
- manifests dehydration;
- transparent urine in large quantities;
- stool dry;
- systematic constipation.
How to recognize the disease?
The kids in the diagnosis of disease is a growing clinical picture and the results of the inspection – the abdomen falls and becomes visually similar to an hourglass. Required x-ray using contrast medium to confirm the stenosis of the pylorus. The research results usually have a high hemoglobin, low levels of sodium and chlorides.
In adult patients the diagnosis of the disease pyloric stenosis is also carried out with the use of contrast content and additionally shows fibrogastroscopy, which detects the narrow pyloric division and connective tissue. Both diseases, and pilorospazme and pyloric stenosis, we must distinguish between, first, unlike the second, does not require surgical intervention. In young children, lesions of the stomach must be differentiated from other diseases, the symptoms of which is regurgitation and vomiting.
Stenosis of the pylorus: the basics of treatment
Pyloric stenosis involves surgery. Only this method of therapy will be effective and appropriate in this disease. In the process of surgical intervention will fix the problem, which is a barrier that prevents the normal passage of food. The duration and complexity of surgery for pyloric stenosis depends on many factors such as the degree of narrowing and the disease.
Drug treatment should be aimed at getting rid of the root cause of the disease. At this stage, preoperative preparation. The doctor prescribes anti-ulcer drugs, restoration of water balance disorders, renewal of proteins in the body, a numberaction aimed at the replenishment of body weight. Preoperative treatment – this is very important, because the result of the disease the patient is very weakened body. This all is due to severe dehydration, loss of minerals and nutrients, which can lead to serious consequences during surgery.
The treatment of the disease in children
Young patients with a diagnosis of pyloric stenosis need to be preparing for surgery. When timely performed diagnostic actions, the General condition of the babies is satisfactory and preparation gives a positive result. At the later examination, there is severe dehydration. The state thus requires a longer preoperative preparation, including infusion therapy. The postoperative period also involves the infusion treatment. The baby leaves the hospital after a well starts to absorb food and increases body mass. Fatal if surgical treatment is properly carried out, are excluded.
The prognosis of the pyloric stenosis
Today surgical treatment in medicine has reached great heights, making possible to reach excellent results in the treatment of pyloric stenosis. If treatment is not producing on time, the baby can die from the serious consequences caused by the disease, such as dehydration, sepsis, malnutrition and so on.
Prevention of the disease
Preventive actions for the baby to prevent pyloric stenosis does not exist. In order that the expectant mother can minimize the chances of occurrence of a disease, such as pyloric stenosis your child, pregnancy should be planned carefully. Need to systematically consult a doctor gynecologist. It is time to become on the account in female consultation in the first trimester of pregnancy.