How to eliminate the pain of hunger in the stomach
Sometimes a person wakes up in the night feeling hunger pains in the stomach. Or the stomach starts to hurt a day when people were hungry. After ingestion of a small amount of food the pain subside, and sometimes for relief of pain in the stomach enough to drink a few SIPS of water. This situation could be repeated regularly.
Usually people don't pay attention to the pain of hunger, because it is easy to remove. Small snack candy, cookies, snacks allows you to remove the pain. But this flippant attitude is dangerous, because a hungry stomach pain can be a symptom of a serious disease.
Factors of onset of pain
Illnesses that hunger tearing:
- Launched gastritis;
- Ulcer of the stomach;
- Duodenal ulcer;
- Defeat worms.
Also, sometimes hunger pains manifest for appendicitis, myocardial infarction. The cause of the pain can be covered and in pregnancy, hormonal disorders. To define more precisely, why is there pain in the stomach hunger, can when considering the accompanying signs. The appearance of heartburn, belching, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, nausea and vomiting indicate severe lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
Hungry pain indicates a serious diseases, so the first attack should be an occasion for an extraordinary visit. Accurate diagnosis can put only a specialist after a detailed examination. He will prescribe appropriate treatment.
What drugs are usually prescribed?
After the survey established the true causes of starvation pains, your doctor may decide on the methods and means of treatment. Primarily prescribed painkillers to alleviate the condition and remove the pain in my stomach. Specific means is determined taking into account all factors gastroenterologist.
In the case when the cause of the pain of the stomach lie in the increased secretion of hydrochloric acid, prescribers, reducing its isolation. It is drugs such as omeprazole or pantoprazole.
If the pain is caused by spasm of the walls of the stomach, it requires the use of antispasmodics.
Sometimes pain arises from a failure of the motor function of the walls or the sphincter of the stomach. This is accompanied by many unpleasant symptoms, such as belching, heartburn, feeling of fullness, diarrhea. In this case, for the normalization of gastric motility and relieving pain are also prescribed drugs, such as metoclopramide.
In the same case when the cause of pain in the stomach are Helicobacter, the treatment is done by drugs of antibacterial action (antibiotics).
How to help yourself with pain inthe stomach?
Of course, the treatment medicines should only occur after the appointment of the expert. But you can further support your body and relieve the disease during the survey. To soothe such pain, you need to follow a diet.
Eliminate from the diet all sharp, sour, salty, fried foods, minimize the use of spices. From fatty meats and fish, butter, too, will have to give. It is best to cook steamed or boiled, eat them warm. Raw vegetables and fruits to replace boiled, citrus and sour apples Annie. It is best to eat cereals, cooked in water and flavored with sunflower or olive oil.
Daily diet to make it as more fractional, eating every 2-3 hours in small portions. This will allow not to overload the gastrointestinal tract and at the same time will not allow the emergence of an acute feeling of hunger, and hunger related stomach pain.
If you have exacerbation of stomach ulcers, that time is best to move to pureed food, for example, baby purees without preservatives, salt and sugar. Even if the pain of hunger is not associated with ulcers, should limit their salt intake.
All these measures aim to calm irritated mucous membranes of the stomach. The doctor will also prescribe a diet, but it is important to start treatment as soon as possible.
You must completely abandon any fast food, especially tools for quick snacks: crackers, chips, chocolate bars, whatever you were hungry.
If the pain in the stomach especially strongly tormented in the night, it is advisable to reconsider your mode of the day, trying to gradually carry the meals in the daytime. The last day the food should be almost bedtime, so as not to go hungry. Drink warm milk, you can eat a small portion of porridge. And the first Breakfast should fall in the early morning while the stomach is not said about the hunger acute pain.
Absolutely unacceptable in diseases of the stomach dieting for weight loss. No "do not eat after six PM" or "gnaw carrots and cabbage all day"! If the former is fraught with aggravation of gastritis, heartburn and night pain, the second can lead to mechanical damage to the already injured gastric mucosa.
He advises folk medicine?
Top recipes of traditional healers and there are suggestions for the treatment of hungry stomach pain. Most often used various medicinal herbs.
- Known to all chamomile will help to relieve spasmodic pain and have antibacterial effect. To do this, a handful of flowers brewed as tea, take the pain for a few SIPS. If you drinkthe decoction before going to sleep, it will also help to make the dream stronger.
- To combat heartburn can in the morning to take cinnamon to a quarter teaspoon, if you are not allergic). This helps to neutralize the hydrochloric acid, excess of which in the stomach and is the cause of heartburn.
- The juice of fresh cucumbers are able to relieve a throbbing the pain of hunger. It should take 3 tablespoons per day. Instead of juice you can eat the cucumbers, pre-clearing them from the skin and chew. Only vegetables should be fresh and young, with delicate seeds.
- Two handfuls of herb St. John's wort, pour vodka (0.5 liters), insist for 2-3 days. The resulting infusion is taken to treat stomach pain, nakapag 20-30 drops in a quarter glass of water.
- For getting rid of pain caused by the spasm of the walls of the stomach, you can chew fresh plantain leaves or squeeze the juice from the leaves (to drink 1 tbsp. l. when the attacks of pain).
- In the treatment of stomach ulcers and heartburn can make a decoction of flax seed, oat groats. They envelop a stomach wall, protecting it from the effects of acid.
Remember: no one diet or herb will not cure you completely. They have to go as an additional tool to the treatment prescribed by the specialist. Do not self-medicate! Before turning to folk remedies, consult a doctor.