FGS: preparing for the procedure and learn its features
Fibrogastroscopy is a method of examination in which the cavity of the stomach through the esophagus is introduced flexible tube with a camera on the end that allows to visually assess the condition of the mucous membrane. Thanks to this equipment the doctor sees the condition of the stomach on the monitor. If you have specific evidence, it also takes a biopsy of the stomach.
Indications for examination
The main reasons for which is the FPS of the stomach, are diseases which affect the mucous membrane of the digestive system:
- Pain in the upper abdomen. This symptom may indicate the presence of inflammation in the stomach or ulcers.
- The appearance of constant heartburn with sour burping.
- Loss of appetite.
- The emergence of burping air.
- The suspected cancer.
- The need to monitor the effectiveness of treatment of gastric ulcers.
- Weight loss in normal nutrition.
- Dysphagia is a disease that is characterized by a disorder of swallowing. Such sign may indicate the pathology of the cardiac part of the stomach.
FGS stomach is not assigned when in the human body, there are some deviations. These include:
- Myocardial infarction;
- Mental disorders, because people with such disorders may be a sharp motor excitation, leading to injuries to internal organs during obsledovaniya;
- Hypertensive crisis – high blood pressure;
- Bronchial asthma, as during insertion of the endoscope there is a likelihood of attack, which interferes with breathing;
- A bleeding disorder in which even slight injury of the mucous membrane may lead to profuse bleeding.
How to prepare for the survey of the gastric mucosa
Prepare FGS becomes necessary fortunately successful examination of the mucous membrane. If you do not take into account the rules during FGS stomach the doctor can not see pathology. It is worth remembering that properly you need to prepare regardless of the reason why the investigation of the stomach. Therefore, the process should be taken seriously, even in the case of suspected serious disease of the gastric mucosa is not.
Preparation for the examination, the FPS consists of several events:
- The night before, it is necessary to take a light dinner, not fat food. It needsbe committed no later than 19 hours. In the morning before the doctor's visit is prohibited as it will interfere with the process of examination of the stomach. To prepare for this and tune should be a few days not to eat something out of habit.
- If one takes the charcoal and iron preparations, the day before the procedure it is necessary to stop, as they dissolve in the stomach and prevent the inspection of the mucosa. Preparing for FGS requires exclusion of other medicines.
- Before visiting the doctor's office can be no Smoking or use of chewing gum, as these actions become the cause for the release of gastric juices in the procedure, also prevents the examination.
- Before the introduction of the tube into the stomach sometimes recommended anesthetics, so you should see if there is allergies to them.
- Patients with weak nerves are advised to take anti-anxiety medications. To prepare with their help it will be much easier.
Is it possible the occurrence of painful sensations?
Most often, when FGS is applied only local anesthesia, but in some cases, there may be used other means. They are necessary for children and neurotics. In their introduction, the patient is immersed in short – term anesthesia- medication sleep. The procedure is completely painless. Discomfort after the procedure is still observed.
What to do after the test
Sometimes after the FPS of the stomach in humans begin to appear complications. That they were not, should adhere to basic rules. These include a ban on eating within a few hours after it happened the study.
If, during FGS were conducted a biopsy of the stomach, in this case, there is not greater time. Spicy and hot food should be deleted. In addition, you should refrain from eating black tea, coffee, soda water and other foods that stimulate the secretion of gastric juice. Smoking is also undesirable
After the procedure
Common after conducted FGS stomach is getting pain in the throat, as well as the introduction of the tube cannot affect the body and the condition of the mucous membrane. In addition, you can pursue nausea. But this phenomenon is observed only in the first time. The patient goes home immediately after the procedure is completed, FGS. All the negative effects observed at this time, pass within two hours, someone it only takes 30 minutes.
If during the procedure of examination of the gastric mucosa was used, the anesthesia, the patient initially recovers and then leaves the facility.