What is MRI of the stomach and that shows this procedure
MRI of the stomach or magnetic resonance imaging is a complex and highly informative diagnostic procedure. As a result of this study obtained high-quality images of internal organs on the basis of what the exact diagnosis is.
Initial examination of the condition of the gastrointestinal sphere does not include the use of such methods ray studies, CT or MRI of the stomach. These procedures are costly and are appointed in complex situations where the symptoms of the disease is unclear, if the results of the radiological survey did not reveal the full picture of the pathology.
Are there any contraindications for the procedure?
Different cases, the overall health of the patient, involve the use of different diagnostic techniques. MRI reveals information about the chemical characteristics of bodies. The decision on the method of diagnosis should take doctor. This is due to the fact that each diagnostic technique has indications and contraindications. MRI of the stomach is a reliable, non-invasive and safe way study of the esophagus. However, there are certain contraindications, which do MRI of the stomach and esophagus, it is prohibited:
- pregnancy and breast-feeding;
- the presence in the body of foreign objects;
- illness claustrophobia;
- epilepsy and convulsions.
When checking the esophagus MRI is used in rare cases, however, the effectiveness of this method today takes the first position. As a result of his conduct obtained the images in three planes containing reliable data. Using MRI region of the stomach and esophagus doctors can obtain detailed status information, to put the correct diagnosis to the patient, to identify the changes and progression of related diseases.
When you want to get an MRI of the stomach?
The procedure is often made when suspected of malignancy for the study of the surfaces of the stomach.
- when the gastrointestinal region is an inflammatory process, using x-ray cannot determine the presence of tumor. With tomografie to obtain accurate information. This device replaces a biopsy. In the process of metastasis, the device determines its stage. The technique shows the tumor with a size less than a centimeter, which helps to heal for a very short period of time;
- before the examination of the surfaces of the esophagus and stomach, the doctor performs intravenous contrast material, which increases the percentage of identifying the affected part. Experts often reveal ulcersthat assumes the successful implementation of the surgery. Only this modern equipment shows hemorrhage, which positively affects the health of the patient in the presence of ulcers.
Contrasting the content that is used in MRI region of the stomach, determines problem areas and detects the degree of the pathological process – either acquired or genetic.
How is the procedure?
Before performing MRI of the stomach, the patient does not need to prepare. All the preparation only involves mental attitude, as for a long time to remain in the same position. It is recommended to eat six hours prior to the event. MRI is performed using a special solution to prevent pain and contrast. This substance itself does not pose a threat to the body. The patient should remove from his body all metal products, plastic cards with pockets. The patient is placed in a horizontal position in a special equipment with light. This whole process will take less than 30 minutes, at this time you cannot move. It is very important that the pain when MRI region of the stomach and esophagus missing. Appliances equipped with a microphone and a speaker for talks and teachings.
Examination of diseases of the digestive system
Since the stomach is a hollow organ, it is difficult to examine on such devices as MRI. Stretch body with a solution, tomography of the stomach was possible. So diagnosed cancer disease stage, presence of metastasis, etc. The most frequent diseases of the esophagus, which fails to detect using the procedure include:
- gastritis. The disease is an inflammatory process of the mucous part that upsets the stomach, resulting in poorly digested food, there is pain in the epigastrium, changing the chair, there is nausea. The disease is dangerous because it can become chronic, resulting in an ulcer. If time does not establish the diagnosis and to take measures to treatment, then a simple gastritis can lead to serious complications;
- ulcer. Due to the impact of hydrochloric acid on the mucous membrane of the stomach ulcers. The objective of the tomographic survey is to identify the size and location of the lesion;
- Oncology. In the presence of malignant tumors of the esophagus, MRI is considered the most appropriate method of diagnosis. Sets volume of education, the degree of progression, lesions of the walls;
- ezofagospazm of the esophagus. The disease is accompanied by changes in motility of the esophagus, which reduced its wall, increasing the pressure of the sphincterbetween the esophagus and the stomach;
- hernia of the esophagus. Because of the defeat of the diaphragm, acquired as a result of damage or in a hereditary form of the disease, the organs of the peritoneum is displaced into the chest cavity, creating a hernia. To exclude complications is computed tomography of the esophagus.
How much is the study?
The cost of the MRI region of the stomach and esophagus will depend on the time, severity of illness, the clinic where the procedure is done. Given the performance of this method of diagnosis and what basic ignorance of the problem can lead to large financial costs in the future, MRI is an effective technique.