Causes, symptoms and effective ways of treating hypertrophic gastritis
In recent years, hypertrophic gastritis occurs more in people of all ages. This form of chronic gastritis is characterized by proliferation of the stomach lining and formation of cysts. Disease in the absence of timely treatment can have serious complications. Consider the principal, causes of the disease, its symptoms and ways of treatment.
Distinguish the types of the disease
Depending on variety, strain of the gastric mucosa hypertrophic gastritis manifests itself in such forms:
- Menetrier Disease. It is characterized by the formation of large folds in the mucosa. Has several types – dyspeptic, pseudoephredine and asymptomatic.
- Granular hypertrophic gastritis is diagnosed when the cyst of the gastric mucosa.
- Borodavchasta gastritis characterized by the formation on the surface of the body of warts.
- Polypoid gastritis occurs when the stomach lining polyps are formed.
Causes of hypertrophic gastritis
The disease is most often found in men. Among the most common causes doctors have identified the following:
- The activity of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori. In life they secrete substances which are damaging to the gastric mucosa and cause it pathological changes.
- Reflux, i.e. the reflux of the contents of 12 duodenal ulcer in the stomach. The main pathogenic factor of this process is bile, as it dissolves the layer of mucus on the inner surface of the stomach. Thus, hydrochloric acid, instead of conducive to digestion, it becomes a dangerous threat that can cause chemical burn.
- Stress and emotional instability of the person.
- The neglect of a full meal.
- Malnutrition or overeating.
- A higher acidity level.
- The abuse of spices, strong tea, coffee, alcohol.
Depending on their species hypertrophic gastritis has different symptoms. Most common characteristic of all forms of gastritis:
- pain in the upper abdomen (epigastric);
- nausea, vomiting;
- increased production of saliva;
- bursting in the abdomen, excessive gas formation;
- loss of appetite, and sometimes complete lack of it;
- the emaciation of the patient;
- constipation or diarrhea;
- heaviness in the stomach, associated with food intake.
But what are the signs are certain forms of hypertrophic gastritis.
gastritis"> Accompanied by multiple formation of stomach cysts. The most pronounced clinical sign of disease – pain in the upper part of the abdomen. Pain has different degrees of severity. For a short period of time, the patient may lose weight – sometimes up to 20 pounds, and no change in the nature of power.
Against the background of growth of mucosa of stomach malignant degeneration of cysts. In some cases, the symptoms slightly subsided, and the disease passes into the atrophic form.
Granular hypertrophic gastritis
Characterized by loss of appetite, pain in the upper abdomen, and General weakness. The pain become strong in the morning. Patient have constipation, diarrhea.
Symptoms of verrucous gastritis is characterized by vomiting, feeling of heaviness in the stomach. Characterized by a tendency to edema, and weight loss. In the stomach are forming numerous outgrowths in the form of warts. They do not belong to any group.
Accompanied by atrophic processes in the mucosa of the stomach. Characteristic achlorhydria, there is low production of this body of hydrochloric acid. On the surface of the stomach showing numerous growths. They can sit in groups or separately. They are mainly at the back wall of the stomach.
Common symptoms of the disease are characteristic for gastritis with reduced secretory function. There is a risk of degeneration of polyps to malignancy.
Principles of diagnosis of the disease
On examination, the doctor cannot detect visible symptoms of the change of the gastric mucosa. However, in some cases hypertrophic gastritis has symptoms that make a doctor think about signs of the said disease. The initial examination takes place:
- visual inspection;
The patient is required to go through FGDS (esophagogastroduodenoscopy), in which there is sensing of the stomach, 12 duodenal ulcer with a fence of bile. Must be examined to detect the activity of Helicobacter pylori.
Principles of treatment of the disease
Subject to mild treatment of hypertrophic gastritis is outpatient. Assigned symptomatic treatment to reduce pain, to reduce the production of hydrochloric acid and protect the gastric mucosa. For this prescribed drugs such as Ranitidine, De-Nol, Vikair, Almagel, aluminium phosphate gel. In contact with mucous membranes these drugs neutralize the hydrochloric acid and provide a gastric mucosa protective layer.
If the treatment fails, it raises the question about deleting entities with the stomach lining. Sometimes it requires partialresection.
Treatment of disease with traditional methods is primarily in the careful observance of diet. It is important that the food was a fraction, not less than five or six times a day. Sometimes people who are diagnosed with hypertrophic gastritis, afraid to eat for fear of pain. In this case, it is shown the treatment of sedative drugs.
Prohibited the following products:
- strong tea or coffee;
- sour cream;
- black bread;
- fresh bread.
Treatment of hypertrophic gastritis be effective if the patient will use:
- pureed soups;
- liquid puree;
- boiled meat;
- lean boiled chicken;
- stale bread;
- compotes made from dried fruits;
- eggs (only boiled).
Early detection of hypertrophic gastritis and its treatment contributes to the normalization of the stomach and to prevent the development of complications. The most dangerous of them is the degeneration of the tumor in cancer. Compliance with the physician's prescription gives the opportunity to achieve sustained remission of the disease.