Everything about hemorrhagic gastritis and its manifestations
Hemorrhagic gastritis is one of the forms of inflammation of the gastric mucosa. Its peculiarity lies in the absence of primary inflammation, but the primary are disorders of microcirculation in the submucosal layer. This leads to the appearance of hemorrhages, diffuse the process of impregnation with the blood of the mucus layer and the formation of blood clots in small blood vessels. These processes eventually lead to the development of inflammation with erosive hemorrhagic ulcers of mucosa that can be identified when inspection during EGD.
That's why this form is called a hemorrhagic or erosive hemorrhagic gastritis. However, not all doctors agree that these concepts are similar, it's not every gastritis hemorrhagic type is characterized by the formation of erosions, and why they are considered separate diseases.
Hemorrhagic gastritis was triggered by a large number of reasons. The most common are
- self-treatment with NSAIDs, systemic corticosteroids, and analgesics;
- substandard food;
- infection – Helicobacter pylpory, Salmonella, the causative agent of diphtheria;
- chronic stress;
- an improper diet.
Gastritis with hemorrhagic component in the course may be acute or chronic.
Acute haemorrhagic gastritis is characterised by the healing of existing erosions within 4-10 days. In chronic erosive and hemorrhagic mucosal defects do not heal over a long period of time. Dominated by symptoms of indigestion. But sometimes it happens that pathology debuts stomach bleeding.
- decreased appetite,
- lost the taste of food,
- weight loss,
- dull pain in the epigastrium,
- bursting in the region of the stomach,
- nausea and vomiting,
- belching sour,
- perhaps the appearance of a metallic taste in the mouth,
Signs of blood loss
Hemorrhagic gastritis evidence of a significant increase in pain after eating. It is worth to note more specific symptoms of erosive-hemorrhagic gastritis – acute or chronic loss of blood through the blood vessels of the stomach. Symptoms:
- General weakness and malaise,
- vomiting "coffee grounds".
In massive acute hemorrhage, hemorrhagic gastritis, the patient may lose consciousness, integuments and visible mucous membranes pale, decrease blood pressure, tachycardia appears.Stool becoming black.
Symptoms of chronic blood loss:
- the onset of fatigue;
- dizziness and headaches;
- pale skin, dry to the touch;
- nail plate fade and become brittle.
Gastritis hemorrhagic type, is caused by medications may temporarily occur without obvious clinical manifestations.
Diagnosis of hemorrhagic gastritis begins with a clarification of the complaints of the patient, the time of their appearance, possible causes of disease of the stomach. When inspecting the skin pale patches on the tongue. On palpation the abdomen is determined by pain in epigastrii, a little tension of the anterior abdominal wall.
Additional methods of diagnosis of hemorrhagic gastritis are:
- General blood analysis to detect anemia;
- General analysis of feces for detection of blood;
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy allows you to visually determine how the affected surface layer of the gastric mucosa and the location of the bleeding site;
- target biopsy is performed using esophagogastroduodenoscopy to exclude malignancy;
- microscopic examination of biopsy material;
- for the detection of Helicobacter pylpory applied respiratory urease test, PCR diagnostics.
After a full examination and receiving the results, the doctor can make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment of hemorrhagic gastritis.
Approaches to therapy
Treatment of hemorrhagic gastritis is complex. Are considered the symptoms of erosive-hemorrhagic gastritis, the survey data and the individual characteristics of the patient.
Hemorrhagic gastritis with acute and exacerbation of chronic requires compliance with the dietary table by Pevsner number 1. With the improvement of the General condition of the patient and reduce clinical manifestations of pathology of the patient with hemorrhagic gastritis is transferred to the dietary table by Pevsner number 5.
Erosive and hemorrhagic type of the disease in the future may again escalate. To prevent relapses, the patient must:
- to avoid spicy, fried, smoked, fatty, fresh pastries, legumes;
- to enter into the diet more easy food;
- allowed branny bread, cereals, lean meats and fish, dairy products, vegetables;
- all food should uvarivaetsja, baked or prepared on pair;
- portions should be small to avoid overeating;
- frequency of eating 4-5 a day.
Treatment of hemorrhagic gastritisis carried out in the outpatient clinic and the hospital. The symptoms of gastric bleeding in hemorrhagic gastritis is an indication for treatment in hospital.
Treatment of erosive-hemorrhagic gastritis is made with the following medications:
- Antisecretory preparati: omeprazole, kvamatel, ranitidine and others. They reduce the secretion of hydrochloric acid and gastric juice to reduce the appearance of inflammation of the mucosa.
- Treatment with antibacterial drugs is subject to identification of the infectious nature of the disease.
- Gastrocystoplasty: Almagel, aluminium phosphate gel, Venter. They protect the surface of the mucus layer from the aggressive influence of gastric juice, hydrochloric acid and precipitating factors.
- Drugs to stop bleeding: aminocaproic acid, menadione, did and etamzilat. Apply for confirmed gastric bleeding.
- Enzymes: Pancreatin, CREON, Mezim. Needed to improve digestion.
- Restorative treatment vitamins, Actovegin.
- To restore the eroded mucous is assigned reparants: sea buckthorn oil, methyluracil and others.
For the life of the patient with hemorrhagic type of inflammation of mainly the prognosis is favorable if the precise adherence to medical appointments and recommendations. About the full recovery difficult to speak due to prolonged treatment and high risk of exacerbation.