Whether to treat H. pylori infection with antibiotic
Complaints of heartburn, pain in the stomach, nausea, belching often indicate infectious disease of the stomach, leading to the development of gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. Mostly the causative agent is Helicobacter pylori bacteria, located mainly in the pyloric part of the stomach and duodenum. Today in identifying this infection uses a special scheme of treatment of Helicobacter pylori.
Why is the illness
Helicobacter pylori can adapt to adverse factors. The bacterium has flagella that help it move around in the mucus covering the stomach wall. And Helicobacter pylori produces an enzyme, thinning the mucus, the urease, which creates favourable for its existence environment.
Helicobacter pylori has a number of features that makes it resistant to the acidic environment of the stomach. They need to know in order to correctly treat diseases provoked by Helicobacter pylori. Because she lives in is detrimental to most microorganisms environment of the stomach.
Features of bacteria
- Helicobacter pylori able to withstand the acidic environment of the stomach due to the presence of flagella that help it move in thicker mucus that protects the stomach about the effects of hydrochloric acid. Also Helicobacter pylori can enhance the secretion of ammonia, which is able to locally reduce acidity by neutralizing acids. Because of this Helicobacter pylori can for tens of years to live peacefully in the human stomach.
- Helicobacter pylori recognized as the main cause of development of inflammatory diseases of the stomach and duodenum, and creates favorable conditions for the development of peptic ulcer disease. This is because in reproduction it destroys the cells of the body, where it is located. The Helicobacter pylori secretes a toxic substance, which together with the local weakening of the protective properties of the mucus trigger the process of inflammation that leads to gastritis and duodenitis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer and even cancer.
- Completely destroy it can only treatment of Helicobacter pylori with antibiotics and drugs that affect the acidity of the stomach.
Route of infection and clinical manifestations
Helicobacter pylori is not able to survive in air and dies quickly. Transmitted infection can only through direct contact of the media with a healthy person. This is made possible by General utilization of the resources to conduct personal hygiene, utensils, kissing. So it is possible to select a grouprisk: family, roommates and friends of carrier of infection.
After being hit in the stomach with its flagella of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori to penetrate the thick mucus. There she continued livelihoods, breeds, provokes the development of Helicobacter pylori infection, poisoning an organism of the waste products, destroying the cells of the body and triggering the development of diseases.
The main symptoms of infection of Helicobacter pylori:
- frequent and recurring pain in the stomach;
- mostly the hunger pains that subside after a meal;
- the feeling of heaviness and nausea that lead to vomiting.
The main methods of diagnosis, allowing to determine the presence of Helicobacter pylori:
- respiratory urease test,
- histological examination of biopsy samples (particles the surface of the stomach).
There are additional methods for diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori: endoscopic examination, which allows to take samples for Cytology and histology; Microbiology research; immunological research; the identification of the antigen to Helicobacter pylori in the stool; conducting polymerase chain reaction and others.
Approaches to therapy
To obtain a therapeutic effect to treat the patient Helicobacter pylori is necessary in a complex. Only such approach gives the chance to cure the disease provoked by the infection of Helicobacter pylori. Drugs aimed at the destruction (eradication) of Helicobacter pylori in the location. Resolve the cause – a bacterial infection of Helicobacter pylori – gives rise to recovery after mucosal erosions and ulcers in the stomach or the duodenum.
Many people know that it is better to prevent the development of Helicobacter pylori or to cure the disease at an early stage, than to fight the severe consequences of activity of the pathogen. To treat Helicobacter pylori, you need antibiotics combined with drugs that affect the level of acidity in the stomach.
Indications for eradication of H. pylori:
- the patient has a peptic ulcer at any site regardless of the stage of exacerbation or remission;
- in atrophic gastritis;
- identifying maltoma stomach;
- resection of the stomach due to its cancerous lesions;
- the identification of the permanent contacts and relationships with the patient cancer of the stomach.
The regimens in the treatment of
To treat a patient from Helicobacter pylori, the therapeutic scheme should include at least three drugs. Drugs included in the ternary diagram:two antibacterial drugs and a proton pump inhibitor. This scheme of treatment is effective. The purpose of the dual scheme of eradication of H. pylori is not effective, such treatment will aggravate the disease and worsen the General condition of the patient.
You should pay attention to drugs that can be used to treat Helicobacter pylori.
Mostly currently used triple therapy regimen; duration 7 days. This scheme included the following medications:
But in some clinical cases, using a similar kvadroterapiya duration: pariet, metronidazole, tetracycline or clarithromycin, drugs salts of bismuth.
Maximum efficiency, fast action, antisecretory and antibacterial activity of the drug has pariet. In the treatment the tablets should be consumed two times a day. Unlike other proton pump inhibitors, he begins to act on the first day of admission and offers long-lasting antisecretory effect.
Replacement of proton pump inhibitors to H2 blockers are irrational due to their low efficiency in Helicobacter pylori.
It is not recommended to use metronidazole in ternary diagrams, as high risk of primary resistance in the patient to the antimicrobial agent. That is why it is used only in kvadroterapiya.
To treat the infection of Helicobacter pylori have developed schemes without changing the drugs or reducing the dose chosen at its discretion, take the pills you need as the doctor told. Otherwise, the treatment efficiency is reduced, and remission does not occur. Unfortunately, the treatment of H. pylori without antibiotics ineffective.
Many carriers of Helicobacter pylori are unaware of its presence, because it is capable of decades to exist in an inactive form in the human body. Aktiviziruyutsya Helicobacter pylori in the occurrence of precipitating factors: poor nutrition, alcohol abuse, Smoking, constant stress. They cause a decrease in protective forces of an organism creates favorable conditions for the activation of bacteria.
To not have to treat Helicobacter pylori, the medication and conduct EGD, you need time to take measures for the prevention of infection, which consist of personal hygiene.