Treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease methods of official and folk medicine
Gastroesophageal reflux disease that is characterized by regular, repetitive throwing stomach contents into the esophagus. Such aggressive influence on the lining of the esophagus causes damage and development of inflammation.
The causes of pathology
Encourage the development of gastroesophageal reflux factors are divided into the following groups:
- The decrease in muscle tone during gastroesophageal reflux, the lower esophageal sphincter due to abuse of coffee, strong tea, silnokislotny drinks and alcohol; taking certain medications; Smoking; pregnancy.
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure due to obesity, ascites, meteorism, pregnancy.
- The presence of a diaphragmatic hernia.
- Consumption of large amount of food in a short time leads to swallowing of excess air and pressure in the stomach, which contributes to the abandonment of stomach contents into the esophagus.
- The presence of a peptic ulcer of the duodenum.
- Systemic sclerosis.
Gastroesophageal reflux develops when gastric contents irritation of the esophagus. Appear the symptoms heartburn and acid regurgitation.
Heartburn is characterized by the appearance of a burning sensation behind the breastbone after eating, which rises up through the esophagus. She can give in the neck and shoulders. Patients gastroesophageal reflux notice her gain after carbonated drinks or exercise/work-related inclinations.
When belching stomach contents can flow in the oral cavity and lead to sour taste. She often worried about while in a horizontal position and performing forward bends.
Also esophageal reflux may be accompanied by symptoms such as:
- Odynophagia – the appearance of pain when making swallowing and passage of food through the esophagus.
- Dysphagia is difficulty passing food through the esophagus.
These symptoms develop in complicated gastroesophageal reflux, that is, the formation of strictures and tumors of the body.
Rare and unusual signs
Rare symptoms – hiccup and vomiting. Hiccup develops when irritation of the phrenic nerve, which leads to frequent contraction of the diaphragm. Combined for gastroesophageal reflux and peptic ulcer accompanied by vomiting.
In some clinical cases of gastroesophageal reflux are noted wapisiana symptoms:
- Heart problems develop chest pain similar to angina or myocardial infarction, palpitations and arrhythmia.
- Whenthe leaking of stomach contents into the throat during the night's rest, develops a dry cough, tickle in the throat, the voice becomes husky.
- If aspiration of stomach contents into the respiratory system may develop chronic obstructive bronchitis, aspiration pneumonia and bronchial asthma.
Symptoms develop and is able to increase after eating meals, performing physical activity, being in the supine position; less pronounced in the upright position and the use of alkaline mineral waters.
Gastroesophageal reflux in children may lead to aspiration of gastric contents into the lungs and the occurrence of sudden death because of the development of reflex bronchospasm or apnea.
Gastroesophageal reflux, the patient undergoes a comprehensive examination, which involves the following activities:
- The conduct of interviews and medical examination.
- Laboratory methods of diagnosis.
- Instrumental methods of diagnosis.
For the laboratory include General biochemical analysis of patient's blood, coprogram.
For tests using instrumental methods are:
- measured pH in the esophagus and stomach,
- x-ray examination with the contrast substance
- detection of Helicobacter pylori
- provocative tests,
Gastroesophageal reflux is treated comprehensively, so your doctor not only prescribes certain medications, but recommends to follow a therapeutic diet.
Treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease begins with diet. It implies the complete exclusion of fatty foods, coffee and strong tea, all citrus fruits, carbonated beverages and chocolate. Try not to overeat and not to eat before bed, food to eat in small portions and fractional. To abandon the existing bad habits: Smoking and drinking alcohol.
In the presence of excess weight to begin the process of its gradual reduction. For the entire period of treatment of gastroesophageal reflux it is recommended to avoid physical activity.
Medication treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease is:
- antacids (drugs that reduce acidity)
- the proton pump inhibitors,
- antisecretory drugs
- preparations of alginic acid.
If long-term gastroesophageal reflux is not treated, it often is complicated by the appearance of erosions of the mucous membrane, ulceration and bleeding of them, cicatricial narrowing of lumen, signs of developmentcancer.
Early detection and adequate treatment help to avoid complications that may threaten the patient's life.
Treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease folk remedies possible. However, before you should consult with your doctor to avoid serious consequences for the organism.
In the treatment of folk remedies should not forget about some useful tips:
- with gastroesophageal reflux do not use spicy seasonings when cooking, as they provoke backward flow of stomach contents;
- for getting rid of unpleasant taste in the mouth need to drink often of pure non-carbonated water;
- after eating for proper digestion and prevent gastro-esophageal reflux need to take a walk;
- drinking cold milk with relieves irritation of the mucosa at the gastroesophageal reflux;
- the use of coconut milk is often recommended in the treatment of folk remedies;
- patients are encouraged to drink the green juices that also help to fight the existing irritation of the throat, esophagus and stomach gastroesophageal reflux.
It is important to know that treatment folk remedies not all clinical cases is effective. Such treatment folk remedies is most effective in the initial stage of development of gastroesophageal reflux and allows to fully cope with the painful symptoms.
To eliminate the pain of folk remedies for gastroesophageal reflux, you can apply an infusion of the plantain. To prepare it you'll need 2 tbsp. l. chamomile, 1 tbsp. l. herb motherwort and plantain, bare root licorice, leaves of Melissa officinalis. The resulting mixture should pour boiling water volume of 0,5 l, to insist within 2 hours. Then strain and take with gastroesophageal reflux ½ Cup 4 times a day.
Therapy folk remedies may be medicinal herbs. To prepare the cure gastroesophageal reflux'll need 1 tbsp. l.: the common herb oregano, root calamus swamp, anise ordinary fruit, leaf fireweed angustifolia, calendula flowers, peppermint. The resulting mixture should pour cold water in a volume of 0.5 L. For infusion you must use a water bath for 20 minutes, then drain. At the reception you will need ½ Cup 6 times a day.